Friday, August 16, 2013

Doggie Musings

Experts will tell you that animals have no reasoning power...that their brain is not capable. I am OK with that because I know that they will run in front of an automobile.....and if they realized they were going to get smashed flat they would not. But...how about my Kami Kamelot!! Sometimes in the mornings when I am busy around the house trying to get Piper to eat and then attempting to coax Kami to eat things get interesting. Kami isn't much of a morning eater so she just conveniently disappears. No matter how much I call her or how many sweet things I call out to her she just doesn't appear. When I look for her she has disappeared. I check every known place that she hides and still no Kami. After Piper has finished eating her food and I am preparing her insulin shot I am talking to her. I tell her I need to give her a shot in her "scrunchy" which is that area of her shoulders that I was instructed to give her the injection. Kami is some where within hearing of this conversation....somehow!! As soon as Piper gets her shot in her "acrunchy" and is rewarded with her treat guess who magically appears for her treat! Yep, it is Princess Kami who could not be found when I was looking for her.

Just another morning in the life of an old, old woman and two schnauzers!!

No comments: