Sunday, March 25, 2012

My Little Canine Heathens

Remember my struggle back in February trying to get the monthly maintenance meds down my canine girls??? What a pain!! I was still perplexed with the entire ordeal and it was time to do the ugly deed again. So I decided to put together all of the advice given to me by those "who should know!"

So......tonight I went about tricking these heathens into taking their monthly meds and never knowing what I had done.

One of the most frustrating thoughts was that the Comfortis tablets were supposed to be "doggie flavored." But not for these little ones of mine ....they were not having that flavoring, thank you. Therefore, this evening I broke the tabs into small parts, rolled them in nice fresh creamy peanut butter and then in nice flavorful shredded cheese!! And guess what.....they loved it to the extent of eating the whole thing!!! Success!!! I am so happy but at the same time wondering how long I can fool them. But for now.....I am riding the success train and am one happy girl!!

Isn't it funny how the little things in life can derail your whole attitude about a task???
Maybe part of the reason was knowing that 6 tablets of Comfortis costs just over $100.00 and these Babes were refusing to take it.

No comments: