Saturday, June 7, 2014

Musings

It is somewhat unnerving to swing by this blog and observe that folks reading it are from far away lands. I think since I was able to talk one of my most used questions was "Why?". That is where the mind goes when I note these happenings.

Today is a graduation day out of about six that it takes to accomplish spring school completion for high school seniors in our area. Not only that but it is also the day of the memorial service in a city in this state for a poet and writer who passed away the latter part of last month. This is the second service in this area being offered after her passing. I have never been one who had an appreciation for either her poetry or her writings. Reading the accolades being printed in the press spurred my interest as to whether I am the odd ball out with my lack of appreciation. Surprisingly, or maybe not so much, my searching leads me to believe that there are others who have had trouble "getting into" writings whose first person language was not reflective of the character or writing of stories without a plot. I have personal thoughts of the rationale for style but I will keep them personal for a while longer. I am just always amazed at human nature and its lack of sincerity at given times. But, then again, perhaps there continues to be a reason why appreciation escapes me in this case.

More later.....

No comments: