Saturday, January 30, 2016

Remembering Denver (Harpers and Deavers)

One year ago today the last of the children of Thurman and Alice Davis Harper left this good earth to join his parents and other siblings plus his dearly beloved Lucille,  and two of their children, Ricky and Nancy.  Since that time I have often thought of that great reunion for the Harper Family. In my mind's eye it was a reunion beyond description.   Within a month of Denver's departure the husband of his only sister, Jimmy Deaver,  (known to some as Jesse) also joined the family as well as the Deaver Clan.  One can only imagine how this reunion went when these former residents of the sandy soils of eastern North Carolina met together after a time of separation.

Although  my acquaintance with some of those involved in these families is non-existent being a part of these families through marriage and having known those who loved and remembered them helps one feel as though I know them through family ties.

I miss Denver just as I miss his brother Ken who was my husband.  Not a day goes by that I do not spend some time remembering Ken and regretting that I cannot speak to him.....or just missing him.  his golden voice,  and beautiful spirit and demeanor.
I am certain those left in Denver's earthly family feel much the same today and on many others.

No comments: