Monday, February 8, 2010

WHY???

I have always been a question box. If my parents were around they would verify that statement enthusiastically! Always questioning and needing to know what makes things and people tick. In addition, I am a people watcher. Often never saying a word I am one who takes in a lot of details while never admitting to myself how much I record. Then again there are times when I just zone out to my own train of thought and block out the world. What is it with me?
Anyhoo, (be that a word??) I sometimes ponder why folks blog. Ever wondered that?? Probably a lot of different reasons. Some of us just enjoy writing --- never admitting to that either -- it is a silent way of saying what you think. After all there is no one there to slap you back with their contradicting opinion(s). I wonder if we realize that blogging reveals a lot about us as individuals -- our interests, our idiosyncrasies, personality traits, etc., etc., etc. Now that may not be very important to you but I have never really wanted people to know a lot about me -- so why am I writing a blog. I must be plain ole stupid.
Enough of that one -- why do people have My Space and Facebook sites??
I know there are reasons listed on the site about what you are looking for men, friendship, blah, blah, blah. But what is the REAL reason. Networking, trying to find old friends?? Just being nosey?? I can only conclude that for some reason these tech applications seem to fulfill something in our list of needs that must be rewarding. But there again I have a question, what could it be?? WHY?

No comments: