Monday, November 21, 2011

Being "Retarred!"

Have I mentioned recently how much I am enjoying being retired?????
When I initially broke and dislocated my shoulder I had no idea how not working would impact a life that had been so involved with teaching (for all of my adult life) since graduating from college. I suppose the fact that my recuperation involved so many months of physical therapy plus the fact that the damage done to my shoulder was truly severe helped me realize I would need to invest much time and effort to healing. Recuperation and learning to manipulate and use my shoulder again became first in my list of priorities.

Now that my shoulder is functional I have settled into another group of priorities which have certainly become more pleasurable. I still love teaching and the field of education but it has become entrapped with so much controversy in NC (as well as the rest of the nation) that one can't help but be relieved to not be involved any more. I miss the continual course work and educational updates but not the hassle. I love learning!

So... lots of mornings I can just relax and sleep as long as I wish, get up and leisurely eat breakfast and read the newspaper. Then go about my day's activities. I hope I do not find myself getting lazy. If I do---guess what----I may just go out get a job and become un-retarred!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yes, be careful. The word "retired" is very close to the word "retarded."