Friday, February 8, 2013

Just Us Lemons


I love a good lemon cake. This looks like a good recipe. I copied it from WRAL in the Blog area.


Lemon Cake

1 package of lemon cake mix
1 package of instant lemon pudding
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup lemon or orange juice (I used lemon)
2 cups powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease and flour a 9x13 pan.

Mix together lemon cake mix, pudding mix, water and oil. Beat for five minutes. Add eggs and beat for another five minutes. Bake for 40 minutes.

When done, prick the top of the cake with a toothpick or fork all over so the glaze really soaks in. I let my younger daughter do this, carefully wrapping the hot pan in a towel and supervising her.

Mix the fruit juice and powdered sugar. Pour over cake while it's still warm. You can eat this cake warm or at room temperature. Either way, it's delicious!

No comments: