Thursday, February 14, 2013

Man/Husband and WHAT??

Well, it is Valentine's Day! Crazy things appear on TV and around on this day each year. Just saw Joan Rivers performing a ceremony for two gay guys some where or the other. The thought occurred to me when she finally got down to the rituals -- how can she pronounce one of these guys the wife (as in I now pronounce you husband and wife) when neither of them has the correct physical equipment to be the wife?? Does that seem strange to any one other than me?
So knowing me, I must check this out. Off to Mr. Webster's good book known as the Webster's Dictionary I go. What should I find other than this definition --- 1. woman 2. the female partner in a marriage
Now there were some other definitions like --- 1. woman who has a husband 2. a female who is united to a man in wedlock;

OK, Folks. Who is mixed up?? Me or the rest of the world?? It got even more complicated after I consulted Mr. Webster and his relatives, the Merrimans.
Now a wife is female which means she surely has the "you-know" correct equipment, and to be a wife she has a husband. That last point I have straight!! But, yeehaw, I am quite confused on the other part!!! Can you help???

No comments: