Thursday, August 26, 2010

CHANGE!

I have lived in Raleigh for many, many years. I was born in a state north of North Carolina but my parents moved to the Old North State when I was in college. When I finished my degree and returned home Wilmington, North Carolina had become home. After a short time in Wilmington Ken and I married and I moved to Raleigh with him where he lived and worked. Since that time I have always been able to go home to Wilmington whenever I needed to get away from the " hub and bub" of this city. In the beginning I could always go home to my parents' home and after they passed away we owned a home there. Time has passed and the body has gotten older. For the twelve years since Ken has been gone I have maintained the extra home. But the time has come to only own and focus on one residence. Taking care of two is a pain when you are alone.
Within the last five months I have marketed the home we own in Wilmington and having found a buyer will soon no longer have a "getaway" there.
Life as I have known it ever since I married and have lived in Raleigh is changing. Change is most often not easy. I am not sure what to expect and whether I will be sad or relieved.

No comments: