Friday, August 6, 2010

My Funny Girl

Today the signs have and are manifesting themselves -- unmistakedly. I dreaded for this day to come. Several nights ago I was awakened by her panting at 3 AM. The house was cool enough in this dreadful heat. I lay a moment and listened then I got up and went to her medicine supply and retrieved a pain pill and pill pocket plus a few salmon training treats. I coaxed her into taking these without too much resistance. She then found her choice of places to lay down and relax and after a while she was asleep and the panting had ceased. Today we had a season of panting. Again I got a supply of medication down her but this time in the process I almost got bitten. A first for this " The Queen" of our house. The pain must be bad in the back leg on the right side. Same side as the front affected leg. I intentionally moved my hand toward that leg to get a reaction to verify my thoughts. Each time it was the same -- immediate movement to defend the leg. I felt for the muscles in the leg to see whether they were becoming smaller. I will keep watch to see what is happening and how this progresses.

No comments: