Friday, September 3, 2010

Labor Day?????

Why do they call it Labor Day when it is a holiday and folks are off partying and playing because it is the last holiday of summer? Not many people are doing any real labor. That is except for those who work in the service industry. Oh well, maybe that is who Labor Day is supposed to be about -- the folks in the service industry. But shouldn't they have the day off to honor them?
This is getting rather confusing just trying to figure it all out.

Folks surely do look forward to this holiday --- not me. I Hate Winter!! So I have no love for seeing the days get shorter and the weather get colder. I hate short days. By November I am looking forward to the end of January when the days start to lengthen again.
Only one way to look at this thing, I guess -- To Each His Own!

No comments: