Thursday, December 30, 2010

Resolutions...

O.K. I know, lots of people do it, rarely are they kept. So why do we fall in line with old customs and even give it thought at the beginning of a new year. Could it be because we hope for a new beginning and a better year as the new year dawns?? I suspect it lies somewhere in there, not sure exactly where.

So what am I going to do this year about resolutions. Normally I do nothing. I would love to be a better person, shure enuff! There are many facets of my life that I would like to improve. Admittedly, I have few talents, but for those I do have, I would love to improve. There are tasks I have started that are still not finished -- those I would like to finish. I have a little home at the coast that is on the market to sell. I would love to close this part of my life and put it safely away.
There are even a few "hobbies" I have had that I would like to resurrect such as my interest in needlework of all varieties. So... how can I do all of these things?? Oh, yes I do not have to. I can do just some of them and feel fulfilled, huh?? Do you really think so??
After reading an article in one of favorite news logs I have come to the conclusion that I could concur on the following as resolutions I might be able to keep. What do you think?
  • Walk more
  • Ignore the mirror
  • Eat better
  • Be more charitable
  • Pray often
HAPPY NEW YEAR, ALL!

No comments: