Monday, February 20, 2012

Lazy

Are we entitled to lazy days? I have just taken one (all day) today on President's Day. Actually I could give a long list of reasons (for being lazy) but that really isn't necessary because I am in charge in this house. I just always feel intensely guilty when I do this. I should have been anxiously engaged in cleaning and washing clothes. I also could have been busy doing my income taxes....but I wasn't! Instead I did do some indexing for the 1940 US Census that will be released in the near future.
Being lazy today means I will have to pay tomorrow and the next day to make up for my "badness."

Today has been really cold but the sun has shone brightly all day. The bit of snow that fell last evening soon melted away but not before there were about fifty car accidents creating lots of damage and heart ache. Another among many reasons that I do not like that white stuff.

My doggie girls ran in and out of the house for a while but soon settled down to "lazy" just like their humanoid Mom. They have now snuggled down in their doggie beds like good girls.

I wish the snow that we had last evening could be the last and only one for this winter. We have had mild weather but I still hate it so badly that I am ready for Spring to arrive and just take over. We are only 19 days away from DST and I am pretty happy about that. I have loved the lengthening of the days minute by minute. It just makes me feel so much better.

No comments: