Thursday, July 1, 2010

Julio

Here we are already in the month of July 2010. I can hardly believe it. June was so miserably hot long before summer arrived that folks all thought they were in the middle of July while it was only June. We are just praying that the AC holds up in both houses for the rest of the year. Early in June we had problems in the Raleigh house with the HVAC system. The repairman declared both systems (we have split systems here) dead. He then pronounced a 15K bill upon us to replace both upstairs and downstairs systems. It was at that moment that I pronounced upon him that we were going to have resurrection! And that we did. But it still cost about $2400 to get them running again with the repair fella still trying to get me to replace the one upstairs to the tune of 7K. I think he had better sing that song by himself. I really have no intention of joining in and harmonizing with him. He sang me that tune about a Progress Energy rebate and a government rebate, blah, blah, blah.
This home in Raleigh is almost ten years old. These HVAC companies are saying these systems are only built to last 10-12 years in our climate. That seems irresponsible to me -- that something so essential (and expensive) to a home would only be built to last that long. Well, no matter about my howling, I am glad we have AC now and if July is anything like June has been I hope the resurrection holds up!

No comments: