Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thunderstorms and The Devil

The devil is beating his wife this afternoon so say the myths of the sky. From what I am hearing inside my home in New Hanover County she is getting one whomper of a beatin'! When the sun went behind the clouds I saddled up my riding mower ready to give this lawn a real cuttin'! But no sooner had I taken a couple of swats around the front than I felt a light sprinkle. Aha, sure enough rain drops. Soon it developed into a downpour. My doggie girls were jumping all over at the rolling thunderbumpers. They have been rolling around ever since and that was several hours ago. So much for mowing the lawn for now. Old Susie is parked back in the garage full of gas and ready to go. This humanoid gypsy will get it done before we have to journey up I-40 to our other abode in Wake County but it may have to be on another day cuz the devil is still busy and I am not sure who is getting it now!

No comments: