Friday, February 4, 2011

Holiday Smorgasbord

Groundhog Day has done come and went! Next on the horizon is Valentines Day. Oh my, another day to empty the pockets of lovers and wanna-be s everywhere. Then we progress toward Presidents Day. What the heck!! Didn't we use to have Abe Lincoln's birthday on February 12th and George Washington's birthday on February 22nd. And now they have been shmushed into Presidents' Day. Wonder why that was????? I just looovve celebratin' in the dead of winter!! Oh yes, and February is Black History month, Heart Health month, for doggies it is Teeth Care month, and every month seems to be Breast Care month. Did I leave anything out????

All of the February stuff is followed by St. Patrick's Day -- my favorite. Gets my Irish blood hoppin'! Also convinces me God does love us because Spring is around the corner!! This year Easter is late so we will have to wait until the end of April to wear our Easter bonnets. I am so excited I can hardly stand myself. How about you??

Yes, I must remind myself again, Daylight Saving Time starts on March 13th this year. Ooooweee, somebody loves me --- the days are gettin' longer! Gotta love it folks!

No comments: