Monday, July 4, 2011

Disgust

Tonight I am negative, negative plus. First of all, I hate fireworks exploding in my community! They are beautiful and quite effective when done in a park, arena, ball park, or central setting. But.... I really do not appreciate neighbors setting off tons and tons of fireworks that the rest of us must endure shaking the house and rattling on for hours and hours while my dogs scurry from place to place all over the house trying to find a safe, secure place. My dogs actually tremble from head to toe as long as they can hear fireworks exploding. It is so difficult to get them calmed down. Sorry folks, I truly think it is really inconsiderate! I wish there was a city regulation against setting them off in subdivisions.

Another reason for my negative attitude is that the MLS listing on my home at the coast has expired. I am struggling with ideas as to what to do with the whole issue. It is unfortunate (for me) that the time to sell that home and the market falling apart occurred simultaneously. I have listed it with the two largest realty groups in the town and it has failed to produce a buyer. The only thing I keep hearing is: 'Wouldn't you like to do another price improvement?" That means reduce the price down further. I am tired of doing that as well.
I think I have done all of the other things I was told would make the home desirable for sale. It has been inspected and any flaws corrected, it has been updated, it has had a warranty plan to insure it for a year after sale, it is meticulous from end to end and in move-in condition, it has a continuing termite and pest control bond on it, and I have had it appraised. But I can't make it new. Impossible! However, it has only been lived in consecutively as a home for the time my Mom lived there after it was completed. She lived in it from late June until mid-February when my brother and his children found her in the floor one Saturday morning having had a CVA. She never returned home to live and died a year later. My husband and I have owned the home since that time and my primary home is in Raleigh. Since Ken died I have taken care of it and visited it for short periods of time. But....evidently it is a cursed little house and no one wants to buy it unless I am willing to "give" it away for very little.
Sometimes I think I should have put my Raleigh home on the market, stored my belongings and moved into that one.

Signing off for now.

No comments: