Thursday, July 21, 2011

Lovin' Temps

I am just observing today -- conditions around the country including where I dwell!
Mid to later July. Hot as Hades! I thought these were supposed to be the "dog days" of summer whatever that means! A large lump of the nation is scorched and roasting -- that includes us in the 'ole North State! We expect the nineties during the summer in "our neck of the woods" but we do feel rather "well done" when the temps start hitting the 100's. And on the other side of the coin we freeze when it hits below 32 degrees. It could be that some would consider us temperature wimps!
Now, I do remember way back in the winter saying that I would never complain about the summer temperatures what with long days and sunshine. So I hasten to say I AM NOT COMPLAINING, .... am I??
And, oh yes, I remember what dog days means. It all has to do with the Dog Star in the constellation Sirius. Supposedly, back in the good ole days, the hottest weather came when the Dog Star was closest to the sun, I think! At least that is my version of this story.

In the meantime, I am loving all of the sunshine, long days, and warmth of summer. Just sip plenty of Lemonade over ice, a little melon from time to time, rock in your favorite rocker, and sing your prettiest song. Enjoy every lazy day!

No comments: