Saturday, July 9, 2011

Freedom and Misery

I, so, don't look forward to tomorrow but will surely be glad to get my presentation over. I am not comfortable with this "thingie" but it doesn't seem to matter.

I have to do this talk "thingie" on Freedom & Liberty because this is the month of Independence!
I have been in a miserable state of pondering for about ten days on this. Now I am not against freedom and liberty but have really had a difficult time wrapping my brain around how to approach / organize this thing. I have worked every angle and mid-point -- still no peace of mind.
Last night I worked for hours organizing my thoughts. Still not happy with my progress and organization. I may ditch it all and start over!

After a while it has became a little amusing --- in all of this I seem to have lost all of my freedom and liberty. Help!! Really looking forward to Monday at the coast even if it means mowing the lawn in the heat just to get beyond all of this !!

Makes me wonder whether anyone else has ever been this miserable about trying to organize their thoughts into something meaningful to present to others!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I had the same feelings when Rod asked me to teach Gospel Doctrine awhile back, I was totally a mess about it. Is this for sacrament meeting, RS, or what? What is this thingie? I have to sub in primary so I hope I don't miss it. I'm sure you'll be great. Pretend we're all in third grade and you'll coast right through.

LemonOne said...

Maybe that will work. This is sacrament meeting unfortunately!
I have trained teachers for years but have been two years totally retired. Can't believe my "moxy" done all gone down the drain.

Rachel said...

You were great! I was glad they finally brought your mic up, I'm sure most could still hear you but between my kids and the kids behind me, I didn't hear much of the beginning. Congats on being done!

LemonOne said...

You are just too kind--both you and Joan. And you are right. the best part is just having it over for a while.
When you get behind it you are just hoping it makes sense to somebody.
Sorry about the mike. You probably didn't miss much except the Spoken Word message and a little scripture.
Thanks for your message.