Sunday, March 21, 2010

Shredding the Past

I have spent a considerable amount of time in the past weeks shredding my past. The enormous amount of paper in my life has got to go. I have held onto records of my past with my now deceased husband or I should say the hard copies of documents that record the everyday happenings of our life together. I also have neatly (and some not so neatly) filed copies of documents of my own since he went away. The time has come to let it all go. A majority of it is neatly filed or boxed as we arranged it from year to year for access should we need it. I no longer need most of it. Having to deal with these items is painful for me. I don't know why -- it is just paper. I seem to bog down in the task as I shred and seek to reorganize anything I feel should be kept. I cannot express how much I detest this task. I wonder if I will ever finish it to my own satisfaction before I leave this good earth. In the meantime I continue to shred and pitch.

1 comment:

Christy said...

If you find that you still have a considerable pile you can't seem to let go, let me know. I have access to a scanner that scans 30 pages a minute so you could scan everything and keep a digital copy and relieve yourself of the stress of letting it all go.