Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Understanding Myself

Have you ever wondered what you are really up to?? Today I wonder that about myself. I am at my "other home" at the coast. My mother built this home in 1990. She lived in it seven months before she had a massive stroke and my brother (and his children) followed by my sister found her in the floor of her bathroom one Saturday morning when she did not answer the door. The rest is history. She lived a year in a nursing home never again being able to communicate with us in any way. I kept the home when the estate was settled. So as I prepare to sell it now I wonder if I keep dragging my feet at these final tasks I have to do just because deep somewhere inside in those recesses we never understand I do not want to let go. Therefore I can never get on with the task. Could that really be what is going on??
If that is the case, what can I expect when I do let it go? Now a twinge of fear. Am I doing the right thing or not?

No comments: