Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring Forward!!

Well, finally we are here!!! Springing forward. I have waited since last November when we "fell backwards!" Everybody else seems to hate it--- DST, that is -- especially people with children that they can't stand and that they want to go to bed early. I love longer days. This means in the morning I will not wake up to full daylight. But I will have the daylight hours on the end of the day.
I guess I love days with more daylight hours on the end (of the day) because I am a slow starter in the morning. I have teasingly often said that I get up mad at the world because I had to get up but that really isn't true. If I have something I need to do I am up and at it.

There is something about short days that really gets to me. When it starts to get dark I want to be home and inside. It marks the end of the day to me. Because I start slowly in the beginning of the day I accomplish much more when the daylight hours are on the end of the day.
I also have Light Affective Disorder. I need the light and sunlight. Tomorrow is supposed to be a little warmer and the day will be longer. I think I will sit outside in the sunshine and bask in the light for one hour before I go to church --- just soak in all of the light and vitamins that I can possibly take in!! Happy Daylight Saving Time, Everyone!

No comments: