Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Birfdays........

Birfdays are the worst! So are birthdays! When you get to be ancient (like me) who cares whether you have a birthday? Note it, and just let it pass. Don't make a big deal of it.
Now I know that is not the conventional attitude but I wouldn't say that I am very conventional.
Believe it or not, my preference in life would be just to slide on by, do my part, contribute what I can and go quietly into the night. Everyone doesn't have to have a stage. Who was that old geezer who said life is a stage?? Well, he got it all wrong as far as I am concerned.
My preference is NO SHOW. If you want a show go to the movies, Memorial Auditorium, or the RBC Center.
Birthdays make me uncomfortable and I would rather ignore them than celebrate. So for today I am ignoring it all. At our house we are running an ordinary day!

1 comment:

Jan said...

I'm with you on this one--maybe it's just Scorpios that think this way?