Monday, January 31, 2011

Goodbye Dear Friend

It has been my privilege to know and have known some very special people during my earthly sojourn. I feel particularly blessed for having rubbed shoulders with a dear lady who passed from this earthly existence to the other side of the veil on Saturday. She and I shared many interests one of which was our mutual love of the organ as an instrument of choice for church services. Another was our love of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This lovely lady always had a loving hug, a smile, and a lively conversation to share. I learned to know her best when she visited my home regularly each month as a visiting teacher some years ago. During this time her devoted husband had passed away and she came to live with her daughter who lived near by. She had a lovely relationship with her daughter and son-in law. I am certain that her departure leaves a tremendous void in their home and lives. I also have a deep conviction that my friend looked forward to "going home" to dwell with those she loved who waited for her just beyond the veil.

Rest in peace, dear friend. I love you and will miss you. Till me meet again.

No comments: